Place this list of Dry Practice Rules and Four Universal Firearm(s) Safety Rules in an easily seen spot within your DRY PRACTICE AREA.
Refer to it each time you Dry Practice.
1. UNLOAD YOUR WEAPON!
2. Place all ammunition is a different room away from the Designated Dry Practice Area.
3. Double check your weapon, magazines, carriers, pockets, and any other items that may potentially have ammunition. If ANY ammunition is found remove it from the room.
4. Designate a specific Dry Practice Area.
5. Set a reasonable time limit (5 to 20 minutes is optimum).
6. Place your Dry Practice Target in a manner that if any negligent discharge was to occur that the bullet will be stopped by a wall/trap or travel in a direction that will not have the possibility to cause damage or injury. THE TARGET SHOULD ONLY BE PLACED WHEN PERFORMING DRY FIRE PRACTICE. Do not use a light switch, television, family photographs, etc.
7. DRY FIRE PRACTICE may now begin. AVOID ALL DISTRACTIONS as you concentrate of your DRY FIRE PRACTICE SESSION. If you do experience a distraction and decide to continue to dry practice after the distraction, you must start your session over at the step 1 and verify your weapon is unloaded.
8. After you have completed your Dry Fire Practice, remove any target(s).
9. Return your weapon to its prior condition making sure it is away from any unauthorized persons.
FOUR UNIVERSAL FIREARM(S) SAFETY RULES
1. TREAT EVERY WEAPON AS IF IT WERE LOADED.
2. NEVER LET THE MUZZLE OF YOUR WEAPON COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE
NOT WILLING TO DESTROY.
3. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO
4. BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND YOUR TARGET